Tulane Medical Center – Downtown New Orleans, LA
Registered Nurse (RN) Coronary Care Unit
$5,000 Sign On Bonus & $5,000 Relocation Bonus for Qualified Candidates
Come make the move of a lifetime, living and working in exciting and historic New
Practicing on medicine’s leading-edge is a rare opportunity indeed. You can do it every
day at Tulane, one of the most acclaimed teaching, research, and medical centers in the
country. Learn more about what our employees have to say about working at Tulane
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
- A safe place to work.
- Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
- Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
- A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
- Fair and understandable compensation and benefits, including Tuition Assistance, Student Loan Reimbursement, Paid Family Leave and much more!
Tulane Medical Center is currently hiring a Registered Nurse (RN) in Critical Care.
The Registered Nurse is a professional nurse who assumes responsibility and accountability for the delivery and management of patient care. S/he utilizes the nursing process, the healthcare environment, and current technology to provide a climate which optimizes patient care and staff development.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assesses patient thoroughly and accurately; assesses patient, family, significant other for educational needs about disease process and treatment; identifies appropriate methods of assessment related to age group; understands normal ranges of physiological standards for age group.
- Documents patient assessment, medication administration, changes in patient’s condition, teaching, level of response and method(s) used within unit/department-specific guidelines.
- Individualizes plan of care related to patient diagnosis/condition and age group. Participates in interdisciplinary/discharge planning, including any educational needs into plan of care.
- Implements plan of care, performs ongoing assessments and revises plan of care based on assessment and/or changes in patient condition; involves patient in treatment plans and utilizes equipment required for treatment/procedures appropriate to age group; requests consults as needed; educates patient, family or significant other about disease process and treatment.
- Evaluates the effects of any interventions and adjusts care accordingly; performs systematic and ongoing assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness of instruction/teaching with patient, family or significant other.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective delegation as governed by the LA State Board of Nursing and policies of TUHC.
- Utilizes time during work hours to maintain safe, clean work environment, help others with patient care, participate in QC checks of equipment, minimum end of shift overtime recorded, participates in PI monitoring; demonstrates prudent use of supplies/equipment.
- Completes all mandatory, regulatory, hospital and unit-based requirements for position by due date; attends 75% of scheduled staff meetings; participates in unit based, department based, or hospital based committees.