SHIFT: Weekends Only
This is Saturday - Sunday 6:30 AM -7:00 PM.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest - Houston, TexasRegistered Nurse (RN) – PACU/Recovery
Since 1973, HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest
has been providing comprehensive healthcare to the North Houston communities. The hospital is known for its maternity and women’s services, including a Level II Neonatal ICU, and for its cardiac care as well as bariatric and diabetes programs. In addition to its hospital emergency room, Houston Northwest Medical Center operates two urgent care centersHCA Houston Healthcare Northwest
is currently accepting applications for Registered Nurse (RN) – PACU/Recovery
- The Registered Nurse coordinates, supervises and is accountable for safe professional nursing care of patients within an assigned department.
- Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
- Demonstrates professional behavior and conduct at all times, and maintains good employee /peer relationship and teamwork
- Demonstrates accountability for direct patient care, applies nursing process , prioritizes care and evaluates outcome.
- Prioritize work and duties and work well under stressful situations
- Demonstrates good communication and customer service skills with patienst, families, physicians, peers and healthcare team
- Participates and facilitates in the discharge planning process and assists with decreasing readmissions.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activity
- Document all aspects of patient care efficiently, accurately and per policy recommendations
- Delegates patient care to license/ non licensed nursing staff based on acuity, needs of patient, staff availability and qualifications
- Graduate of approved and accredited nursing program, BSN preferred
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Texas; Basic BLS, PALS, and ACLS from an AHA provider
- Six months to one year of clinical experience in an acute care setting preferred
- The RN must be able to prioritize work and duties well and must work well under stressful situations. They have to demonstrate good communication and customer service skills with a variety of patients, physicians, and other health care providers both internal and external to the organization, and must make accurate clinical decisions and judgments quickly.
- Demonstrate proficiency in understanding and calculating medication dosages, and demonstrate thorough knowledge of the side effects and hazards of various pharmacological agents administered.
- Provides care or services for the following age group/groups: Infant (0 - 1 year) Pediatric (1 - 16 years) Adult (17 to 64 years) Geriatric (65 years +). This position may from time to time require that patients outside of the normal age group/groups be cared for. In this event the person should consult available resources to provide the appropriate care.