This job posting is no longer active.
Why We Like Working for Reston:
At our facility, we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care. Clickto see what some of our team members have to say about being a part the HCA team.
Reston Hospital Center is an award-winning facility, located in the heart of northern Virginia, which offers a full range of medical services, including 24-hour emergency care. Our 223-bed hospital is supported by robust vascular and cardiac catheterization labs involved in complex PCI and cardiogenic shock stabilization. Reston Hospital Center is a certified Stroke Center, certified Total Joint Center and the only accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI & Resuscitation in Northern Virginia.
2 CV Labs that performand options, including cardiac catheterization, angioplasty, stents, electrophysiology, cardiac assist devices and other advanced treatment methods (protected PCI, EP/Implants, IABP, Impella etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Must live within a 30-minute drive time radius of the hospital for on-call requirements associated with this position.
BSN Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program or obtained within five years of employment.
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia
BLS and ACLS required.
· Minimum 1 year Cardiac Cath experience required.
· Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
· Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
• Delivers direct patient care according to established standards.
• Interprets ECG rhythm and notifies physician of any changes not already noted.
• Identifies and reports abnormal lab values.
• Demonstrates proficiency in operation of cath lab equipment.
• Documents all records according to established standards.
• Maintains records requiring complete documentation to include cath lab records, charge sheets, lab sheets, QA sheet and where applicable, incident reports for each patient.