SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland
Registered Nurse (RN) - Outpatient Services
Founded in 1952, HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
Mainland Medical Center is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Emergency Services
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Outpatient Services.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Nursing and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains competency in performing all skills outlined in the Nursing competency skills list.
- Participated in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care. Will participate in peer review and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for direction of emergent care in a crisis situation in a calm, knowledgeable manner.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging unit, as appropriate.
- Maintains clear and respectful communication with patients, family, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Responsible to know and conform to the Texas Nursing Practice Act and the Board's rules and regulations as well as all federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations affecting the RN's current area of nursing practice.
- Responsible to report unsafe nursing practice by an RN which a nurse has reasonable cause to suspect has exposed or is likely to expose a client unnecessarily to risk of harm as a result of failing to provide client care that conforms to the minimum standards of acceptable and prevailing professional practice. The RN should report unsafe practice conditions or other practitioners to the appropriate authority or licensing board.
- Responsible to clarify any order or treatment regimen that the nurse has reason to believe is inaccurate, non-efficacious or contraindicated by consulting with the appropriate licensed practitioner and notifying the ordering practitioner when the RN makes the decision not to administer the medication or treatment.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA Code of Conduct as part of our Ethics and Compliance Program. Attends annual training sessions.
- One (1) year of acute care experience required. Day Surgery or Pre-Admit experience is preferred.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN is preferred.
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current BLS and ACLS Certification are required.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.