SHIFT: No Weekends
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital strives to provide the highest level of care and
latest technology to fulfill that healthcare promise to you and your family in
the Richmond metropolitan area. A 340-bed community hospital, we offer a Level
II Trauma Center, a Women's Hospital, our Heart Center and the Sarah Cannon
Cancer Institute, a state-of-the-art facility giving our patients additional
access to the best technology and evidence-based treatment, all under one roof.
The role of the VP Women's Services
is to plan, execute and finalize projects according to the facility’s strategic plan. This includes acquiring resources and collaboration of team members to successfully coordinate assigned projects. As a member of the management team, she/he participates in institutional planning, policy development, priority setting and management decisions. Will have full operational responsibilities for departments assigned by supervising executive.
Drives operations by:
• Working with the Administrative Team to respond to Division and Group requests for market/facility information.
• Collaborating with the Administrative Team and physicians to enhance existing or develop new opportunities for services.
• Providing administrative and operational leadership for assigned departments.
• Ensuring the application of Customer Service principles in meeting and exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers to provide satisfaction.
• Managing fiscal operation of assigned departments using the budget as a guideline for revenue and expense analysis on an ongoing basis to determine potential variances and make adjustments where necessary.
• Managing operations of assigned departments to achieve targets for designated Key Performance Indicators
• Developing new processes or services which includes, when appropriate, business and financial justification.
• Developing and updating department goals consistent with the facility’s strategic business plan, mission and vision.
• Meeting leadership obligations under the Ethics and Compliance Program.
• Building strong relationships with physicians, employees, and peers
• Utilizing HCA tools to help with management of responsibilities (PLUS, CERs, CAMS Projects, Lawson, etc.)
Supports HCA by:
• Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Performing other duties as assigned
• Leading team, unit and others through a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and approach to roles and responsibilities.
Qualifications Education & Experience:
•Master's degree Business Administration or Healthcare Administration
•2+ years of experience in hospital leadership role.
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
• Analytical skills to develop, coordinate and facilitate strategic projects. Required
• Current knowledge of Joint Commission, state, and federal guidelines, regulations and standards. Required
• Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent customer service, especially by responding to customers' questions and needs in a timely and efficient manner and to work cooperatively with other employees/departments. Required
• Demonstrated customer service skills with both internal and external customers. Required
• Demonstrated success and abilities in leadership, achieving results, communications, and customer service. Required
• Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures that affect the outcomes of patient care, employee rights and responsibilities. Required
• Skill in communicating information in an open and sincere manner that promotes credibility (e.g. honest answers to tough questions). Required
• Skill in creating an energetic and enthusiastic work environment where people have positive attitudes about their work. Required
• Skill in preparing reports, manuals, or other documents that contain complex information and are intended to be read by others without a technical background. Required
• Spends time out of the office meeting with patients, physicians, employees and team Required
• Willingness to be proactive and work at connecting with and building cooperative relationships with others. Required