DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is an acute care facility with 344 beds offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program. St. David’s South Austin Medical Center provides comprehensive care to South Austin and its surrounding communities. Built in 1982, the facility is nationally recognized for its cardiac program, and provides a fully renovated maternity unit with Level I and Level II nurseries as well as a thriving 24/7 Emergency Department.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
• Helps create a superior clinical identity by operationalizing evidence-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensures adherence to standards of care.
• Supports efforts to reduce variation in clinical practice and improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost. Ensures a culture of accountability and transparency
in the provision of care.
• Supports the achievement of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations,
• Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
• Ensures equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
• Manages admissions and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
• Facilitates effective interdisciplinary care coordination within and across departments. Ensures staff with appropriate clinical competencies are assigned to meet patient care needs.
• Manages nursing practice and unit operations. Monitors and evaluates the provision of nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures
to ensure patient and family needs are assessed and met.
• Provides leadership in attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience. Instills accountability for providing consistent, positive patient interactions that differentiate the organization as a healthcare leader.
• Reviews various feedback mechanisms and helps identify opportunities to improve customer/patient satisfaction. Supports the development and implementation of strategies to elevate the patient experience.
• Leverages various feedback mechanisms to benchmark performance and identify opportunities to improve patient satisfaction.
• Ensures compliance with evidence-based practices that enhance patient experience and customer service.
• Collaborates with subject matter experts and other leaders to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
• Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
• Leads in a way that inspires commitment to the vision/mission/values of the organization. Implements evidence-based employee engagement practices.
• Identifies development opportunities or training needs of individual employees and teams. Provides coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance.
• Builds a competitively superior organization through attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent. Ensures people with the right skills and motivations are in the right role, at the right time, to meet business needs.
• Assumes responsibility for resolving and/or channeling employee grievances, disputes, or concerns according to appropriate procedures.
• Represents the organization positively within the community; participates in company-supported community/patient events and in-services.
• Manages staff scheduling. Maintains staffing in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
• Manages operating expenses, including the utilization of supplies and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and Value Statement.”
LEVEL OF FORMAL EDUCATION REQUIRED: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing is required: BSN or Master’s Degree is preferred.
LICENSED/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED? X YES
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Five years experience as a Registered Nurse, at least two of which must include management experience.
Telemetry/cardiology experience strongly preferred.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now