SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
TriStar Centennial Medical Center – Nashville, TN
Mental Health Assistant – Parthenon Pavilion - Adult Clinical Psych
Caring for People Since 1971
TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion is Nashville’s largest and most established psychiatric hospital. Our facility has been helping individuals in need of mental health treatments since 1971. We believe that mental illness is treatable in a supportive and therapeutic environment. Our psychiatrists, therapists, nurses and other specialists are dedicated to improving the lives of our patients. We have a long history of helping individuals recover from different mental disorders and substance abuse problems. It is our mission to help patients return to a fulfilling and productive life.
Adult Psychiatric Services is a 25-bed unit, providing inpatient treatment to patients 18 years of age or older who voluntarily seek treatment for acute psychiatric symptoms which cannot be safely and adequately addressed on an outpatient basis. Common disorders of patients treated in this program include, but are not limited to: major depressive disorder, schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, adjustment disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder and a variety of co-morbid personality disorders.
Centennial Medical Center is currently looking for a Mental Health Assistant – Adult Clinical Psych (full-time; nights with rotating weekends).
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, ability to gather data, demonstrates knowledge in range treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Follows direction from team leader of individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents patient care, as appropriate, in a descriptive, non-judgmental way.
- Leads group when assigned according to assigned unit's program guidelines.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with external and internal customers
- CNT preferred (Certified Nurse Aide in State of Tennessee) or have successfully completed the Fundamentals of Nursing course in an accredited school of professional nursing (verified by transcript) and eligible for state licensure within 6 months. **A student enrolled in a LPN or RN program who discontinues their nursing school program is required to obtain certification as a Nurse Aide in the State of Tennessee within 30 days of their discontinuation of the program.
- Current BLS certification.