SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Eastside Medical Center – Snellville, GA
Case Manager (RN)
Eastside is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women’s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
Eastside Medical Center is currently looking for a Case Manager (RN).
- Facilitates the interdisciplinary plan of care with a focus on evaluating the appropriateness of clinical care, medical necessity, admission status, level of care, and resource management.
- Coordinates activities that promote quality outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization.
- Identifies potential barriers to patient throughput and quality outcomes.
- Facilitates appropriate discharge plans.
- RN with current state licensure, BSN preferred
- Three years nursing experience in acute care setting, Case Management experience preferred
- Certification in Case Management, Nursing, or Utilization Review, preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats
- Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified on the Case Management Competency Grid
- CPI required within 60 days of hire or transfer
- 2 years of inpatient case management experience required