SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Parkridge Medical Center has served the community for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community. From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopedics and oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we are proud to be one of Chattanooga’s best hospitals for healing. Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to offer robotic surgery, and features the area’s most knowledgeable and experienced robotic surgery team. The Parkridge Medical Center Emergency Department is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, making it a natural choice for those suffering from cardiovascular events when every minute matters.
The Registered Nurse must be able to work on any of our campuses and keep competencies in all areas of med/surg and critical care as well as ED. Will be working PRN 10 shifts (7a-7p) a month with weekend and holiday requirements.
• Required to float to ALL facilities within Parkridge Health System.
• Required to float to areas above or below competency level with a modified assignment.
• Demonstrates clinical knowledge of medical/surgical nursing and maintains the highest quality of patient care.
• Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies listed on the competency validation checklist(s).
• Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients.
• Ensures the privacy of our patients and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
• Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives as listed on the Performance Management Plan.
• Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
• Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
• Documents all patient care.
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
• Promotes customer service initiatives and exhibits teamwork.
• Completes mandatory education.
• Complies with hospital policies/procedures and patient safety initiatives.
•Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
• Licensure: Current TN RN or Compact State License in State of Residence
• American Heart Association BLS (within 90 days of employment)
• ACLS required within 6 months
• PALS required within 6 months
• CPI certification training required within 6 months
• At least one year of RN experience in acute care facility