This job posting is no longer active.
For us, it's all about people…
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, you'll find caring extends to both our patients and our people. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
Working For Us
Our hospital offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package. And being a part of the much larger HCA system provides individuals with the ability to transfer within its 165 hospital network. This is a great plus to those whose lives take them to different parts of the country. A team of passionate, experienced healthcare professionals awaits you. Please visit employee testimonials to find out why our employees are excited to work for Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
What will I do in this role?:
· Review patient history and supporting clinical data. Explain procedure to patient; provide patient support and comfort. Select equipment and imaging modalities, position and prep, to facilitate optimum diagnostic studies.
· Display broad knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, pathology and/or physiological data to obtain optimal studies. Constantly evaluate accuracy and quality of scan results.
· Select and record preliminary study results; make pertinent measurements and label. Direct to Radiologist for interpretation.
· Maintain ultrasonography equipment. Recognize malfunctions and need for servicing. Ensure quality control procedures are maintained
· Order and maintain supplies. Maintain orderliness of ultrasound laboratory.
· Participate in continuing education as required by ARDMS and RVT
· Perform on-call duties and/or work variable shifts as assigned to meet department needs.
· Demonstrate competency in the use of all applicable aspects of the CIS, RIS, and PACS.