Surgical ICU Nurse
Chattanooga, TN, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Parkridge Medical Center has served the community for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community. From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopedics and oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we are proud to be one of Chattanooga’s best hospitals for healing. Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to offer robotic surgery, and features the area’s most knowledgeable and experienced robotic surgery team. The Parkridge Medical Center Emergency Department is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, making it a natural choice for those suffering from cardiovascular events when every minute matters.
Want to work with a team that impacts the lives of their patients daily? Have an interest in caring for post op patients? Interest in Open Heart? This unit is for you! We have low patient to nurse ratios and post op all open heart patients.
Parkridge Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse working working full time nights (7p-7a) with rotating weekends
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care for patient populations served in his / her department.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to his / her age-specific needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge to assess, plan, and evaluate care in coordination with the health care team across the continuum.
- Assess patient’s / family’s ability to learn and incorporate teaching throughout hospitalization and in preparation for discharge.
- Deliver compassionate, holistic care, while supporting the rights and dignity of all patients.
- Knowledgeable / Supportive of ICU Metrics.
- Possesses the ability to monitor, care for and document for patients receiving Moderate Sedation
- Supports the strategic growth of the ICU Service Line.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Licensure: Current TN RN or Compact State License in state of residence
- American Heart Association BLS (within 90 days of employment)
- ACLS (within 6 months of hire)