SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse – Medical Surgical Flex Unit
Full-time – FT Nights 7P – 7A / Rotating Weekends
Medical City Dallas is a full-service, 790+ bed tertiary care center offering nearly 100 specialties. Located in the heart of North Dallas, it was the first hospital in North Texas to earn Magnet recognition in 2003 and again in 2008. In addition to nursing excellence, the facility is consistently recognized for its state-of-the-art technology and for pioneering new medical procedures.
The Medical Surgical Unit Nurse (Med Surg Flex RN) performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
• Determine the predictable or unpredictable health status and health needs of patients (individual and family) through interpretation of health data and preventive practice in collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary health care team members.
• Formulate a nursing care plan based on determination of nursing diagnoses and identified problems.
• Implement and direct nursing care within the RN’s scope of practice, including compliance with other laws that apply to the practice setting.
• Develop and provide teaching plans for patients concerning promotion, maintenance and restoration of health.
• Assume accountability and responsibility for the quality, continuity, and coordination of nursing care across the care settings.
We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment (
• ADN required; BSN preferred and will be required within 24 months of hire;
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Current Texas State RN license; Compact license is accepted but Texas State RN license required within 30 days of hire;
• Current American Heart Association BLS provider required;
• Current American Heart Association ACLS provider required;
• Previous RN experience in a hospital setting required;
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.