SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Why should you work at Johnston-Willis Hospital?
At Johnston-Willis we've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care—through the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute—as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
What skills will you need?
You must have knowledge of wireless phones, intercom system, basic computer operation, nurse call system, fax machine, copy machine and headset communication.
You must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide a safe environment and must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
You must be able to communicate observed changes in behavior / activity to the registered nurse.
You must have Verbal and interpersonal skills, mathematical, grammar/spelling skills, read/comprehend written instructions and follow verbal instructions
- High School Graduate or equivalent (required)
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant training program (preferred)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing as a Nursing Assistant (preferred)
- Prior employment as a Nursing Assistant in a hospital or long term care setting (preferred)
- Full Time
- Day Shift
- Weekend & Holiday requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.