SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
MountainView Hospital is a state of the art, full service medical facility located in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the Valley. With a dedicated and talented staff of employees and outstanding physicians, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996.
MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular thoracic center, the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Stroke Center. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, urology and gynecological services, orthopedics, vascular care and inpatient rehabilitation unit. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children’s Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
POSITION TITLE: Charge Registered Nurse
DEPARTMENT: 5 Neuro
SHIFT: FT Days
POSITION SUMMARY (includes, but is not limited to):
The Charge RN is a member of the Nurse Leadership Team. Charge Nurse is responsible for the day-to-day floor supervision of the unit; shift-to-shift operations and implementation of the provision of patient care based upon the nursing process and in compliance with hospital policies, processes, protocols and procedures. The Charge Nurse ensures patient quality, safety and care meet and exceed Mountain View Hospital and HCA standards for care and patient experience.
- Graduate of Accredited school of nursing required
- BSN required or has a plan to complete within three (3) years of hire, transfer and/or currently in position.
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in state of Nevada
- Valid CPR (American Heart Association or hospital approved CPR course)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Obtain National Certification required within 9 months of hire or transfer and/or currently in position preferably certified medical surgical registered nurse (CMSRN)
Minimum of 1.5 years of Acute Care RN experience
Minimum of 2 years recent critical care nursing experience required