SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake – Webster, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) PRN - Outpatient Wound Care
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, which offers 531 licensed beds and has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake include:
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Cancer care
- Diabetes management
- Level II emergency department
- ACR-accredited imaging center
- One-on-one therapy
- Neuroscience and neurology
- Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery
- Wound treatment center
- Women’s and Children’s Center
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake , a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities, opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties – more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) PNR.
Responsible for the patient care within outpatient wound care and hyperbarics, and inpatient wound care. This includes, but is not limited to, utilization of skills in organization, planning, implementing, evaluating, and providing care through the use of hospital and nursing standards.
Provides case management to a group of patients providing specific assessments according to protocols and procedures, clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments, and patient/caregiver education related to hyperbaric oxygen therapy and wound care management. Acts as patient advocate in delivery and coordination of patient care, and has great passion for the specialty of wound care and hyperbaric medicine.
Provides efficient and effective care with the guidance of the physician during hyperbaric oxygen therapy sessions, outpatient wound care sessions, and inpatient wound care assignment. Attends where scheduled, and is highly dependable. Able to manage a number of patients at the same time with high energy and organization.
Collaborates with other health care providers, wound care Physicians, Director, and Medical Director, regarding patient needs.
- Registered Nurse with a current license, and hyperbaric oxygen therapy experience. Wound Care Certification, and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Certification preferred from nationally recognized organization. Multiplace chamber, medical surgical, home health, or wound care, also preferred. Registered nurse must be knowledgeable of the physical laws that influence pressure and its relation to volume, temperature, pressure and the pressure of gases entering the blood stream. Registered nurse must also be aware of the symptoms of various pressure related injuries and illnesses that a person in recompression may suffer. Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support), infection control, safety and all unit required skill review.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in both wound care and hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Attendance of a 40 hour UHMS approved introductory course training in Hyperbaric Medicine. Multiplace experience preferred.
- Operate the Hyperbaric Chamber according to manufacturer guidelines. The incumbent in this position must be able to tolerate pressurization and depressurization within a multiplace hyperbaric chamber, tend to patients inside the chamber during treatments, and alternately operate control panel of the chamber. May be required to work around caustic chemicals approximately 5% of the time, and must be able to work around a moderate noise level.