SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Corpus Christi Medical Center – Corpus Christi, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) – 3 North – Med/Surg Oncology
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women’s Health Center
Corpus Christi Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – 3 North – Med/Surg Oncology.
- Collects and analyzes data in order to identify expected outcomes for the medical/surgical patients
- Developing and prioritizes the plan of care to attain measurable goals
- Implements the interventions identified and evaluates the results, especially in relation to Medical/Surgical and chemo/bariatric patients (whichever applies).
- Identifies educational needs, implements and evaluates learning and documents patient/family education
- Demonstrates critical thought and judgment in the delivery of care related to medical/surgical patients
- Manages acute and chronic pain on all patients, but especially post procedure or surgical patients to assist in alleviating suffering and improving healing
- Delivers medications based upon continual assessment, safety and evaluation of patient response
- Evaluates and enhances own nursing practice in relation to professional nursing standards.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Current registration with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Current licensure by the State of Texas
- Current CPR certification