SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball Regional Medical Center – Tomball, Texas
Registered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab
Since 1976, HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball Regional Medical Center (TRMC) has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 358 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab FT Days w/call
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for the Cardiac Cath Lab and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care.
- Responsible for the care of the patient pre, intra, & post procedure.
- Ensures all information required for surgical and Cath Lab patients are available and ready on the medical records and documentation is completed.
- Administers medications in a timely manner according to drug protocols per physicians order.
- Ensures final preparation of the patient is complete, including retrieving necessary lab work from Meditech.
- Maintains par levels and order supplies for Cath Labs.
- Pulls sheath(s) and holds pressure post-procedure as necessary.
- Performs decentralized testing, according to protocol, as needed.
- Assembles paperwork packets for CCL as needed.
- Maintains adequate supply of forms for CCL.
- Floats to the Holding Room for relief as needed after proper orientation.
- Competently operates monitoring system and pertinent equipment for all procedures performed in the CCL.
- Completes QC on equipment in CCL & Holding Room.
- Checks outdates of drugs in Holding Room.
- Is knowledgeable about emergency drugs & is able to function in a Code Blue situation.
- Is able to function in a call-out situation by circulating and running the physiologic monitor.
- Is able to provide critical care to patients managed in the Cath Lab and Holding Area.
- Assists physician with all procedures performed in the Cath Lab.
- Monitors and titrates special drugs (i.e. Cordarone, Adenosine, Neosynephrine, etc.).
- Performs decentralized testing, according to protocol.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the department as needed.
- ICU or Cath Lab experience preferred.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Educational requirements appropriate for meeting age-specific needs of patients assigned to the Cardiac Cath Lab.
- Nutrition, ie., alteration in nutrition, less than body requirement.
- Hazards of immobility, ie., impaired physical mobility
- Impaired verbal communication or special communication needs
- Grieving process
- Alteration in elimination
- Self-care deficit
- Sleep pattern disturbance
- Impairment of skin integrity
- Activity intolerance
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- Demonstrated current clinical competence, as outlined in the appropriate orientation checklist.
- Learning modules with score of 80% or better or remediation.
- Maintains current clinical competence including, but not limited to, the annual skills checklist.
- Challenges EKG test, or takes EKG course and Code Blue course at first available class.
- ACLS certification within 6 months of employment.
- Able to deal with stressful situations and to stand for long periods of time wearing a lead apron.
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire, unless currently certified then needs to be maintained.