SHIFT: No Weekends
Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center, a 236-bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital, a 174-bed hospital located in west Marion County, and Summerfield ER, a freestanding emergency department located in southern Marion County. Ocala Health has the only Commission on Cancer approved cancer center in Marion County. The hospitals offer a host of other quality and award winning services including bariatric surgery, orthopedic care and joint replacement, robotic surgery, cardiac and vascular services including open heart surgery and interventional procedures, emergency, neurological and rehabilitation services. Ocala Regional Medical Center is also a Level II Trauma Center. Ocala Health’s outpatient facilities include Family Care Specialists, a primary care network of six locations throughout Marion County; Advanced Imaging Centers with two locations; a freestanding Wound and Hyperbaric Center; a Senior Wellness Community Center; and two surgical and physician specialty practices.
The Assistant CFO
manages the Financial Accounting and Reporting Department to ensure that it is providing effective and efficient service. This individual is responsible for oversight of the Accounting and Financial Reporting operations including monthly, quarterly and year end processes and works closely with the Facility CFO on all aspects of the financial operations of the facility. Assistant CFO will also work closely with the Campus CEO with respect to providing support for strategic planning, financial oversight, and financial leadership.
General Summary of Duties:
• Participates as a member of the Campus’ Senior Management Team in the financial and functional decision making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital’s mission and/or strategic plan.
• Ensures the hospital meets regulatory and compliance needs.
• Provides direction, leadership, and educational needs to hospital managers.
• Provides financial expertise in the planning of new services and the expansion of existing services promoting revenue growth.
• Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office and Division meetings as deemed necessary
• Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing costs including participation in performance improvement activities and committees such as SMAT and/or CVAC.
• Participates in the oversight of the functions of the Accounting Department to ensure completion of work in specified time frames according to departmental, division or corporate policies.
• Select, train and evaluate performance of Accounting personnel to ensure quality of service and technical expertise.
• Oversight of nonfinancial department(s).
• Oversees the coordination and timely completion of month end close for the hospital and its related COID’s
• Responsible for the completion of Financial Reporting documents on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis such as financial operating and volume trending reports.
• Reviews and coordinates weekly and monthly financial projections and forecasting
• Performs net revenue analysis including the review of the standard monthly accrual (SMA) and Medicare exhibits
• Functions as Chief Staffing Officer (CSO) for the campus
• Responsible for building relationships with physicians
• Participates in facility’s Clinical Excellence program
• Coordinates physician and vendor contracts with facility contracts manager
• Reviews and coordinates tax work-papers and filing requirements
• Reviews and provides input on recommended capital expenditures and CAM project(s).
• Coordinates the completion of the annual budget and tracks the progress on a periodic basis.
• Oversees the preparation of the annual Medicare cost report work-papers
• Coordinates internal and external audits
• Coordinates Campus specific Financial Statements
• Ensures the hospital’s internal controls are sound and all Sarbanes Oxley 404 and internal controls documentation is completed.
• Maintains accuracy of the balance sheet; completion of monthly Balance Sheet Review Guide and Financial Attestation.
• Practice and adhere to the HCA Code of Conduct
• Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or other related area required; Master’s preferred
• Five years financial/accounting experience.
• Experience as a hospital Controller preferred.
• Big 4 Healthcare experience preferred.
• CPA preferred