Registered Nurse – Labor and Delivery
PRN Nights 7P – 7A
Medical City Alliance is a 75-bed, acute care hospital that opened in February 2015. The three-story, 155,000 square foot full-service facility serves the communities of Fort Worth, Keller, Roanoke, Haslet, Saginaw and surrounding communities in northern Tarrant county and southern Denton county. Medical City Alliance offers a full range of services, specializing in women’s, cardiology, robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, and emergency care and has been recognized by The Joint Commission for the Hospital Accreditation Program for 2015.
The Labor & Delivery Registered Nurse (L&D RN) is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
• Responsible for care of patients in the antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum period.
• Triage OBED pregnant patients adhering to Medical Screening exam guidelines.
• Fetal strip interpretation using external and internal monitoring methods.
• Managing high risk patients including by not limited to: preterm labor, preeclampsia/eclampsia, gestational diabetes, placenta previa, and placenta abruption.
• Performs and documents patient assessments and reassessments following Nursing and Departmental P/P, using appropriate techniques for data collection and analysis, at regular and indicated intervals
• Provides IV therapy management and performs venipuncture as needed for lab draws per physician orders.
• ADN required; BSN preferred. BSN will be required within 3 years of employment.
• Ability to perform as scrub tech during delivery required within 1 year of employment.
• Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required within 30 days of hire;
• Fetal monitoring education required every two years.
• Minimum of two years of experience is required.
“Labor and Delivery” “Labor & Delivery” “L&D” postpartum RN “Registered Nurse” LDR LDRP