SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse (RN) – Labor and Delivery
Since 1976, Tomball Regional Medical Center (TRMC) has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 350 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, the Tomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center.
Tomball Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Labor and Delivery.
- Under the supervision of the Charge Nurse and/or Nurse Manager, responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and, when applicable, appropriately delegates and supervises tasks to provide optimum patient care.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
- Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving patient’s health care goals through patient assessment, planning and implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Accurately and completely documents all aspects of care given.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, Director
Education required and/or preferred:
REQUIRED: Associates or BSN.
REQUIRED: Current RN license in Texas, BCLS certified, Medication Learning Module
PREFERRED: ACLS, Certification in specialty area
Experience required or preferred:
PREFERRED: Unit specific clinical experience preferred