DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Additional Flex Team differentials included!
Take your experience to the next level and join the ED Flex Team!
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
We are deeply proud to have earned an "A" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Patient Safety Score Report!
To learn more about the culture in our ED, click HERE!
Our team prides themselves on world-class emergency care at the five ERs in the Wichita Area. Our main facility having 42 private rooms being largest in Kansas. We are a Level I Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center. We have state-of-the-art technology, with more than 65,000 patients are treated annually. Our ED Flex team helps with coverage with the transition of patients coming from our ED’s through the admittance process into our units.
Here's what you can expect from being an RN on our unit:
· You will be responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation
· You will direct and oversee all nursing care for the department-specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act
· You will collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes
· You will support the organization's vision and mission and utilize knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care
· You will contribute to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care
· You will systematically evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
Interested in a career at Wesley? Call Chelsea!
firstname.lastname@example.org | 316.218.7589
Here is what we can offer you:
· Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment
· Certification Bonus and Voucher system
· Dependent Scholarship
· 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
· Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Financial Wellness Program with a CFP
I'm interested, what is required for this position?
· You have a current Registered Nurse License in the state of Kansas, and current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association
· Are you a graduate of an accredited school of nursing? Outstanding!
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC), as specified in policy
· Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), as specified in policy
· We would like to fill this position with an RN who has 3 years of experience in an ER environment
· We would like candidates to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatment and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients
· Candidates need to feel comfortable working in a fast paced, high stress environment, as well as having the ability to communicate, multi-task, delegate and prioritize effectivelyApply Now