SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
PRN Schedule (hours vary)
Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and
high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient,
patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology
available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of
others. The hospital’s services include emergency care, general surgery,
obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics,
and acute rehab services. In November 2017 the hospital expanded by more than
100,000 square feet and increased our licensed beds to 242.
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is accredited by the Joint
Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center.
The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become
a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons
offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Methodist Stone Oak
Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A
and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in
Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on
Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the
entire nation. Methodist Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive
Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating out of thousands of hospitals. For more
information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist
Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
The senior ED technician is a part of the Emergency Department patient care team who collaboratively works with nursing and medical staff in providing patient care. Assists with delegated tasks of direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the registered nurse. Possesses excellent communication skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, strong technical skills and consistently applies sound broad judgment. The senior ED tech is responsible to precept ED techs and assist with unit improvement initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Under supervision of the RN, performs delegated patient care activities as directed and ordered in accordance with one’s training, competence and skill. Delegated tasks may include: (Note: Training and competency for any discretionary delegation patient care tasks performed must be documented)
- Actively participates in Unit-based/hospital-based committees and process improvement, i.e. Safety Champion, assists Director with bi-annual completion of Environmental Tour requirement, and actively participates in disaster response team. Functions as Super Trainer for Point of Care Testing for ED techs and as a preceptor for new techs and as a qualified observer for initial and ongoing ED tech competencies.
- Consistently assists with maintaining a safe patient environment to include following all patient safety initiatives, hand hygiene and use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate following transmission base precaution procedures.
- Communicates timely and accurate information for delegated patient care activities performed to include observed patient response to performed activities to the assigned RN in a written or verbal format following hand-off communication guidelines.
- Is knowledgeable about the processes and demonstrates proficient use of department equipment to include:
- Tracking of equipment
- Cleaning of instruments at point of use
- Utilizing Sterile Processing Department (as appropriate)
- Consistently maintains adequate stocking and restocking to PAR levels of:
- Single use supplies
- Linens and gowns
- Stretchers and wheelchairs
- Oxygen tanks
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
- Education: High School Graduation or equivalent
- Experience: One of the following:
- Minimum of one year experience as an ED tech/EMT/ Military Medic OR
- Completion of 2 semesters of a professional registered nursing program
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient populations served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required: