Position – Police Officer
Since 1976, Tomball Regional Medical Center (TRMC) has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 350 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, the Tomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center.
Tomball Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Position – Unit.
Posit Position Summary :
· Under the general direction of the Public Safety Manager, provides security for patients, employees, physicians and visitors.
· Protects hospital, buildings, assets and premises as assigned.
· Operates Visitor Badging Systems.
· Monitors Access Control systems (doors & elevators).
· Monitors and patrols parking facilities, provides escort to and from vehicles.
· Monitors and Operates McRoberts/Prosec ‘My Child’ Infant Security System.
· Responds to all Codes (Code Pink, Code Blue, Code Red, Code Grey, Code Yellow, Code Orange, Code Precip) according to policy and procedure.
· Maintains accurate daily Security log book and passes down information to
· Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one.
· Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
· Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
· Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care.
· Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
· Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
· Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, and satellite staff) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
· Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
· Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the department.
· To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
· Other duties as assigned.
JoJ Job Requirements:
Education required and/or preferred:
REQUIRED: 60 hours in college courses – Criminal Justice, de-escalation training.
REQUIRED: TCLEOSE Certification
Experience required or preferred:
PREFFERED: 5 years experience as a licensed Texas Peace Officer, One year experience providing security in a healthcare setting.
Ski Skillls, Knowledge, and Abilities: Ability to resolve situations independently with the minimum level of Pr an arrest powers appropriate to the situation.