SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls offers a rich variety of outdoor activities with Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson, WY and Sun Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
EIRMC is home to Idaho’s only Level 1 Intensive Care Unit, and is a Level II
Trauma Center, a verified Stroke Center, and an accredited Chest Pain Center.
Become part of the best ICU team in Idaho that provides excellent patient care to all their patient in this specialized unit.
NOTE: An assessment (that takes about 20 minutes to complete) will be automatically sent to you when you have applied for this position (unless you have completed it when applying for a previous similar type position). Please look for it in your email and complete immediately as to not impede the processing of your application.
Recruiter: Questions feel free to reach out to Tanya Covert, Recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org or via text/telephone 208.709.2261 (mobile)
*This position is responsible for the delivery of patient care in the critical care setting through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. This includes caring for critically ill patients immediately post anesthesia, trauma patients, neurological patients, medical-surgical patients and pediatric patients (over the age of 3) requiring critical care.
*Follows Registered Nurse state practice guidelines and hospital policies and procedures, as well as unit based protocols and procedures.
*Collaborates with other disciplines to assure patient safety, creates an environment of healing, and facilitate the achievement of exceptional outcomes for patients.
*Performs and assists with a variety of specialized procedures as trained, including arterial line monitoring and insertion, Swan-Ganz monitoring and insertion, ICP monitoring and insertion, Lycox, Cool guard, Intra-aortic Balloon Pump, and CRRT therapy.
*Evaluates, formulates, coordinates, and documents the patient’s plan of care based on a complete physical and psycho-social assessment and response to interventions based on the age and need of the patient.
- Requires completion of accredited Registered Nurse program of nursing.
- Must maintain current State of Idaho Registered Nurse license or RN compact license
- AHA CPR for Healthcare Providers certification
- Position requires completion of ACLS with 90 days of hire or transfer into ICU.
- TNCC completion is required within 18 months of hire or transfer into ICU.
- Unit-based competency classes within designated time per ICU Educator. PALS is a highly recommended advanced course, however, is not mandatory. All RNs will be professionally responsible for the maintaining of all appropriate certifications/licensure and leveling within the ICU.
Entry into the ICU requires one of the following:
- Previous ICU experience or
- 1+ years experience in an acute care, medical-surgical setting
- Participation in Special New Grad Residency Program
Has frequent interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other departments, patients and their families. Must have the sensitivity, maturity, and ability to communicate clearly and concisely.