SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Central Sterile Technician
Medical City Lewisville
Full Time Days (Rotating Weekends)
Responsible for the processing of instruments used in the Operating Room and also those instruments used by other nursing and ancillary departments of the hospital. The position requires flexibility in working hours. Sterile Processing is a fast paced environment with many distractions and requires flexibility in setting job priorities according to customer as well as departmental needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in prioritizing processing of instrument trays for daily OR schedule.
• Processing of instruments from receiving to sterilization.
• Return processed instruments to individual departments.
• Replace missing/damaged instruments, as needed, individual as well as in instrument sets/trays.
• Communicate when instruments are out for repair and/or returned.
• Receive instrument/sterilizing supply deliveries from Materials Management.
• Verifies returned implant count corresponds with implants used.
• Responsible for keeping instrument processing and storage areas clean and orderly.
• Biological testing of sterilizing units performed and recorded.
• Cleans sterilizing equipment and record data.
• Cleans and performs biological testing of Steris units.
• Cleans and performs biological testing for Sterrad unit.
• Empty and clean ultrasound machine daily.
• Cleans and refills OB and Nursery containers daily.
• Assists in creating/up-dating computerized instrument count sheets.
• Knowledgeable of JCAHO requirements for sterilization processes.
• Assist as trained/requested in supply ordering, restocking, pulling cases, etc.
• Receives and inventories instruments loaned or borrowed.
• This position may be involved in the responsibility for performing high-level disinfection and/or sterilization.
Certification in sterile processing preferred.
Prefer experience in Sterile Processing, or Surgical Technologist or related field.
-Must be committed to quality service and patient care.
-Ability to demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected needs of the department.
-Able to take call and respond within 30 minutes.
Patient Population Served:
Employees in this position must be able to respond to housekeeping needs in departments serving neonate/infant. pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric age categories. The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to work in areas providing care to patients in these age categories. The skills and knowledge need to provide such care may be gained through education, training, or experience.
About Medical City Lewisville:
Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville
is a state-of-the-art full-service medical and surgical facility offering 186 beds with 24-hour emergency services. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. Medical City Lewisville has been identified as a High Performer for treatment of congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease by U.S. News and World Report in their 2017-18 Best Hospital rankings. In the fall of 2017, we also received the prestigious “A” rating from The Leapfrog Group, a national nonprofit health care ratings organization for Hospital/Patient Safety. Medical City Lewisville is a great place to work — and the best possible place to receive care.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.