SCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemWHY HCA?
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Additional Facts:
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
- Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
- Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” since 2010
- 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures.
The Service Desk Analyst provides support for basic incident resolution and requests reported to the division service desk. Responsibilities include initial assessment, triage, research, and resolution of basic incidents and requests regarding the use of application software products and/or infrastructure components. The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for collecting information through a customer conversation, accessing support tools, and additional support staff (service resources) if needed. Problems beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility are resolved by engaging in a timely manner other service resources from facilities, division or corporate groups, or the corporate service desk.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Addresses and resolves basic incidents and requests; logs all incidents and requests; engages other service desk resources or appropriate service resources to resolve incidents that are beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility.
- Uses the appropriate CTI categories for logging incidents and requests.
- Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
- Ensures the end-to-end customer experience and provides a single point-of-contact for the customer.
- Analyzes and resolves incidents and requests regarding use of application software or hardware. Logs and tracks incidents and requests from identification through resolution. Follows up with other support staff (service resources) involved in resolution to ensure incidents are resolved, requests are filled, and the customer communication is complete. Documents resolutions and updates self-help and staff knowledge bases.
- Grows general knowledge of current corporate, division, and facility-specific products, increasing ability to resolve requests on first contact.
- Provides after hours and on-call support as needed.
- Adheres to and supports HCA IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care and employee information.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission and Value statements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- LSC Job Responsibilities:
- Provisions, maintains, and removes security privileges for users of HCA systems.
- Participates in development/review of division security processes/procedures under supervision of Service Desk Management.
- Works with the division Service Desk and provides necessary security/tier 2 support.
- Works with members of the desktop/network teams and other workgroups within IT&S on projects and initiatives as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Demonstrates ability and desire to learn Corporate, Division, and Facility-specific applications, technology, and terminology.
Demonstrated ability to learn customer support processes and techniques.
Strong analytical skills.
Ability to solve problems.
Competency in MS Office Suite
Competency in call center tracking tools
Prior experience supporting customers in use of application software.
Proficiency in using support software tools.
Customer service orientation and/or prior customer service training.
Strong understanding of HCA security-related procedures.