SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a World’s Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
The AVPO provides support to the market Vice Presidents of Operations for the overall operational leadership for a group of centers located in the West Florida Division in the Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA. Assists where needed and directed for all ASC operations and Physician Partnership activity while ensuring the Centers comply with requirements of any governmental or regulatory body. The AVPO assists the Vice President of Operations with both new development, acquisition and business development activity. In addition, the AVPO will oversee various market wide initiatives as assigned by the Vice President of Operations.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Assist in planning, development and implementation of long term and short term strategic initiatives for surgery centers with the West Florida (WFL) market.
- Assist in creating operating efficiencies between surgery centers when/where possible, within their market/division.
- Shared responsibility with Vice Presidents of Operations for membership of WFL centers’ Governing Boards and Board of Managers, as well as attendance at Physician Partnership meetings.
- Provides input for managed care contracting to ensure market initiatives are met.
- Assist VPO as needed with recruitment and hiring the most qualified ethically sound and economically effective executive management personnel for the ambulatory surgery centers with the market/territory
- Implement training for new Administrators and provide training opportunities for existing Administrators.
- Act as Interim Administrator for facilities with vacancy in the position as assigned.
- Preparation and presentation of operational and financial reports as required
- Act as a resource to the Vice President of Operations and manage the efforts of special projects as assigned by the Vice President of Operations.
- Assist in the development and management of a staffing pool for WFL Division.
- Plus coordinator and resource for the division, including measuring and developing plans for improving a centers productivity and staffing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Health, Business Administration or related field is required.
- Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a surgery center, ASC Central Business Office, Hospital or related field is required
- Multi-facility and multi-specialty experience preferred
- HCA experience preferred