DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Starting in 1909 as a 26-bed facility, LewisGale has been dedicated to caring for and preserving life for more than a century. Today, our health system has grown to include four hospitals, two cancer centers, six outpatient centers, and 700 affiliated physicians, giving us the privilege to serve more than 250,000 patients each year!
Our Mission and Vision at LewisGale above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. The vision of LewisGale is to be recognized as the healthcare provider and the employer of choice in Southwest Virginia.
Please visit to
see what some of our current team members have to say about being part of
the LewisGale Family.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Recognizes sonographic characteristics of normal and abnormal tissue, structures and blood flow. Adjust scanning techniques to optimize image quality and spectral waveform. Performs measurements and calculations according to laboratory protocol.
Analyzes sonographic findings throughout the course of the examination so that a comprehensive exam is complete and sufficient data is provided to the physician to render a final diagnosis.
3. Initiates additional scanning techniques or administer contrast agents as indicated by the examination and according to established laboratory policy and procedure.
4. Shares knowledge with other staff and physicians in an effort to improve overall departmental skill and knowledge.
6. Works in partnership with other healthcare professionals to provide the best medical care possible for all patients.
7. Demonstrates proficiency in operating all ultrasound systems and other non-invasive equipment with knowledge of troubleshooting.
10. Contributes to the development of improvements to the department.
11. Ability to perform stress Echo testing.
Required: RDCS and BLS.
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited Allied Health, CVT or nursing education.