Are you a new graduate nurse looking for your first opportunity? Are you looking for a nurse residency program that invests in YOU, your career and your future?
Grand Strand Health is a part of the national HCA healthcare network. Grand Strand Health is a multi-facility health system located on the beautiful coast of South Carolina. Grand Strand Health is comprised of a 345-bed acute care hospital, which is a designated Level I adult trauma center, a designated Level II pediatrics trauma center and has the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive care unit in Horry and Georgetown counties. Grand Strand Health also has two freestanding ER facilities (South Stand Medical Center and North Strand ER) and outpatient medical services (Advanced Wound Center, The Breast Center, Carolina Forest Imaging Center, South Strand Medical Center). Affiliated with Grand Strand Health are a number of physician practices that provide heart & vascular care, spine & neuro care, surgical care and primary care. Grand Strand Health is a teaching hospital and has expanded its residency programs to include five specialties: Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Internal Medicine and Transitional Year. These quality-focused services work together to provide excellence in medical care to residents in our communities.
We invite new graduates to apply for our StaRN New Graduate program! This is a 10-14 week program starting in August 2019 featuring didactic and clinical training. It allows new graduates to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive residency program, then transition to staff roles within Grand Strand Medical Center. During the 10-14 week program you will be considered a PRN employee. At completion of the program you will transfer to Grand Strand Medical Center and your time in the StaRN Program will count towards your eligibility period for benefits when hired full time as an RN with the hospital.
We offer a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, paid time off, paid family medical leave, 401k, medical, dental vision and life insurance, student loan assistance, tuition reimbursement, certification pay, employee stock purchase plan and a huge opportunity for growth.
Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year commitment to the facility. Failure to meet this may result in repayment of facility investment.
Tracks offered include Med/Surg and ICU.
Part 1: StaRN Program (First 10 – 14 weeks)
The program combines instructor-led classroom training, state-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debrief, and self-directed learning while the learner also completes a clinical preceptorship at the hospital in the unit the learner will be employed in once the StaRN program is completed. Parts of the program may require travel to an offsite training location.
Part 2: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of the 1st year after the StaRN Program
- Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital
- Learners continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
- Attend a monthly residency seminar
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
- Attend graduation
Key values to the candidates:
· Access to Mosby Elsevier Core Curriculum, AACN Core Curriculum(depending on chosen track)
· Free Access to Lippincott Nursing Procedures and Skills during and after program completion
· BLS/ACLS Certification
· NIH Stroke Scale Certification
· CPI Certification, ECG, TeamSTEPPS, PALS (depending on chosen track)
· Meditech Training and Validation
· Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
· Over 60 hours of high-fidelity simulation
· Benefit eligible after successful completion of the program.
- You may apply to the program before graduation and/or NCLEX
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- South Carolina NCLEX Test date
- Must have a South Carolina or multistate RN license to start the program
- Previous medical or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Attendance is imperative throughout the StaRN Training Program
We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.