Registered Nurse (RN) (PRN) - Cardiac Catheterization (Cath Lab)
Kingwood, TX, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood– Kingwood, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) – Cardiac Catheterization Lab (Cath Lab)
The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at Kingwood Medical Center a 382 bed hospital. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA and HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
- 24-hour emergency room
- Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery
- State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans
- Inpatient rehab for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more
- Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
- Women’s Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
The Cardiac Cath Lab (CCL) services are provided in four fully equipped CCL Suites and Cardiac Cath Lab Recovery (CCL-RR) by and under the direction of cardiologists and radiologists credentialed to perform diagnostic and/or interventional cardiovascular, electrophysiology, and radiology procedures. Outstanding clinicians and staff to both inpatients and outpatients experiencing a wide range of disease processes including those that are acute and life threatening to those that are planned diagnostic studies provide services. The patients served range in age from late adolescence to geriatrics. Types of patients requiring care (diagnostic and therapeutic modalities):
- Diagnostic & Interventional Cardiology
- Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology
- Diagnostic & Interventional Neuro-radiology
- Diagnostic & Interventional Electrophysiology and Device Implantation
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is currently accepting applications for Registered Nurse (RN) – Cardiac Catheterization Lab (Cath Lab)
- The registered nurse must be able to operate highly technical equipment and computers
- The registered nurse will assist with all procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab
- The registered nurse will be involved in scrubbing, circulating and recording cases
- The registered nurse must be aware of the patient’s condition and status at all times throughout the procedure.
- The registered nurse in a case will be required to monitor and maintain a constant vigilance of essential parameters including the patients’ heart rate and rhythm, pressures, oxygen saturation, respirations.
- The registered nurse will become fully cross-trained to all positions within the team.
- Skills competency is demonstrated, validated, and documented yearly for all staff members.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred
- 1 or more years recent critical care clinical experience as an RN required
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association
- Current ACLS from the American Heart Association within 90 days of hire