SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
The staff at Fawcett Memorial Hospital continually meets the high standards required to care for the unique needs of our patients. As part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, our 238-bed facility serves the Port Charlotte area and is a trusted provider of quality care and compassion with several accredited Centers of Excellence: Joint Care * Chest Pain Center * Spine Care Center * Advanced Primary Stroke Center * Cancer Care.
Located less than 30 minutes from southwest Florida’s most famous beaches, we employ advanced technologies, career stability and the support you need to grow. Make excellence your goal by joining our family of hospitals. EOE
The Speech Language Pathologist plans and administers medically prescribed treatment programs for the rehabilitation of speech, language, cognitive, and oral motor disorders.
- Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology required.
- State of Florida Speech Language Pathologist licensed required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required through American Heart Association.
- Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) awarded by the Speech Language Hearing Association or successful completion of graduate speech-language pathology program seeking supervision for the Clinical Fellowship Year.
- Experience in appropriate healthcare setting preferred.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills; ability to read/comprehend written instructions; ability to follow verbal instructions; PC skills.
- Current FIM (Functional Independence Measure) required for the following dept: 693