SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Paramedic Emergency Department
Full Time Evenings 1p-1:30a (Rotating Weekends)
Palms West Hospital
At Palms West Hospital, we're celebrating 27 years of excellence in healthcare. Our state-of-the-art, 204-bed facility offers top-quality care in every category from preventative programs to elective, major and emergency surgery. What truly differentiates Palms West from the rest, are our people, a team of dedicated healthcare professionals who understand that a hospital stay can be an especially trying period for a family and who do everything they can to make the experience less stressful. Palms West has established a position of medical leadership by listening to the needs of people in our community and responding with compassionate, quality health care and innovative new services that meet those needs.
Located on a spacious 94-acre campus in Palm Beach County, the surrounding areas are: Wellington, which is a community known for its abundant parks, quality schools, attractive neighborhoods and equestrian interests. Royal Palm Beach, is 10 miles west of the Atlantic Ocean and is located in the central part of Palm Beach County which is in the Southeastern part of the State. Loxahatchee located in Palm Beach County Florida is known for its large acreage parcels, new homes, and equestrian community
Palms West Hospital is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
Job description includes but is not limited to:
- Demonstrates understanding of normal growth/development of all patient age groups as evidenced by developmentally appropriate evaluation, planning and implementation
- Assists RN with patient assessment within 30 minutes of arrival on unit and assists with gathering of reassessment data on patient status as condition warrants
- Assists RN with in-depth, continuous assessment/evaluation of patient psychological and psychosocial needs to provide safe and appropriate care
- Ability to recognize cardiac dysrhythmias and notifies RN/Physician immediately of change in patient status
- Follows hospital policy and procedure in the use of restraints and documents accordingly
- Assists RN in developing patient plan of care utilizing standards of care and protocols specific to patient's presentation/status
- Graduate from an accredited Paramedic program
- Minimum of 1-2 years field experience preferred
- Current Florida Paramedic licensure
- Current American Heart Assocation BLS certification
- Current American Heart Association ACLS certification
- Current American Heart Assocation PALS certification
- Related Emergency Department experience preferred