This job posting is no longer active.
TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital
Surgical Attendant (Housekeeping)
Long-established as an important part of Southern Kentucky, TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited, 211-bed hospital located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. TriStar Greenview offers services like an expanded Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, accredited Chest Pain Center, Advance Primary Stroke Center, and an Orthopaedics program featuring Blue Distinction® designation for hip and knee replacement.
The Surgical Attendant maintains ancillary support of the endoscopy department by transportation of patients to and from endoscopy department, decontamination and cleaning of area, stretchers and restocking of supplies. Maintains a safe and clean environment. Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into care. Utilizes translation services when needed. Assists the RN in care of patients from Adults (18 – 79 years) Elderly (80+ years).
The Surgical Attendant supports the hospital mission, values and visions.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
· Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
· Verifies with Endoscopy RN that patient is ready for transport to and from endoscopy
· Transports patients to and from the endoscopy in a safe and efficient manner.
· Verifies patient identity prior to transport
· Maintains adequate supply of linen/supplies for endoscopy
· Performs routine cleaning and environmental maintenance for areas, not serviced by EVS
· Assists with cleaning and room turnover
· Performs terminal cleaning of stretchers daily
· Collects trash and linen in proper receptacles and transports to the appropriate area.
· Assists with answering the phone and preparing other minor office duties (copies, putting together packets, etc.)
· Assists in keeping info up to date on schedule board (patient arrival, patient discharge)
· Runs errands and serves as messenger as needed
· Transports specimens to pathology and lab as needed
· Provides age and culturally appropriate care
· Orients and mentors new attendant staff members, as applicable
· Knowledgeable of techniques used in cleaning between procedures and terminal cleaning of the stretchers.
· Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
· Performs daily/weekly/monthly duties as outlined on the housekeeping checklist