The Access Response Center (ARC) is a state of the art Behavioral Health clinical assessment and patient placement function that is located near the campus of the Chippenham Medical Center. The ARC clinical team is composed of Therapists, Social Workers, Counselors and Nurses who provide mental health assessments for patients of all ages located throughout the hospitals of the HCA's Capital Division who may benefit from inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care. The wide variety of patient types that our clinical team assesses creates a dynamic and compelling experience for its professional staff. Further, the unique application of telehealth as the means through which assessments are conducted offer our team an experience with one of the most exciting advancements to contemporary clinical care. The ARC serves as a way to clinically assess and subsequently place patients into appropriate levels of care across multiple facilities using the innovation of telehealth. Professionals seeking an opportunity to apply their clinical assessment or patient placement skills within an environment that appreciates the emerging use of telehealth should find their work within the ARC a career choice that is fulfilling and rewarding.
Compensation Package for FT Employees Includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
401k with Corporate Matching Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
...and so much more!
We eagerly await your inquiries!
PRN RN Intake Specialist
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The Assessment Specialist coordinates the pre-admission assessment process and provides clinical assessments for potential patients. Also, assists with community education around clinical issues and participates with community events such as meetings related to access. The Assessment Specialist responds to all calls for information, response of patients, and inquiries about services offered and assists callers with accessing the most appropriate level of service and service provider to meet the needs of the patient. This position works collaboratively with other Access Response Center team members to provide level of care assessments, expedite admissions and coordinate resources and information for the facility.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
· The Assessment Specialist will respond to all calls for psychiatry services, responding appropriately to the identified needs of the caller and patient. Patient calls will be prioritized based on the level of need of the patient. Working with other team members of the Access Response Center (ARC), will coordinate activities to assure accurate record keeping and efficient patient flow. Ensures EMTALA compliance at all times and reports any concerns to the Access Response Director immediately.
· Coordinates communication related to all assessment and admission activities, ensures rapid throughput for the emergency department, requests additional resources when needed based on volume, and works with the medical staff to move patients to disposition quickly.
· Responds to calls for assessments in the emergency department within 15 minutes and initiates the requested assessment as soon as possible and no later than 60 minutes from the initial request. Implements a backup procedure when the 60 minute time frame cannot be met due to heavy volume.
· Responsible to document all calls coming in regardless the outcome in the approved format. Any staff member providing intake services will document all calls according to the procedure the Director of Access Response has in place.
· For patients who are discharged, the Assessment Specialist provides at least 3 appropriate in-network options and develops a discharge safety plan with the patient using the approved discharge safety form.
· Works collaboratively with Behavioral Health Physician & Provider Relations (PPR) team to provide data, assure accurate response data management, and includes PPR team members in ARC team meetings as needed.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: