SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Blake Medical Center is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program will formally begin in July of 2016, allowing us to accept and teach resident physicians at our hospital. Blake is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association’s Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees’ health. Also, our Florida community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index®.
The Social Worker provides discharge planning and assistance with social services to the patient or significant other. The Social Worker collaborates with the care team and other healthcare professionals to implement an interdisciplinary process for evaluating a patients' progress from admission through return to the community.
HCA is committed to the best experience for our patients and employees alike. This position will offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits (Medical, Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more!)
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Compassionate team members and leadership that foster an environment apt for you to learn and thrive
- Extensive resources for training and investment in your long-term continuing education needs
- Professional development opportunities, and much more!
- Masters of Social Work (MSW)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in recent social work within an acute care facility
- Critical thinking skills, service excellence and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend written/verbal instruction.
- PC Skills