SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
The ARC RN Care Facilitator, under the supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health, provides nursing support to the ARC by reviewing the medical and behavioral health needs of patients who are presenting for services through the ARC Program; reviewing the medical presentation of patients referred for inpatient services by internal and external customers for behavioral health unit capability; interacting with admitting providers to facilitate admission orders; and interfacing with third-party payers when appropriate.
Core Job Functions:
- Able to assess and reassess needs of patients through verbal discussions with referring staff, as well as by evaluating medical/behavioral records.
Reviews referrals for inpatient behavioral health treatment from internal and external customers for medical and behavioral appropriateness.
Coordinates and participates with appropriate interested parties and physicians through the patient referral inquiry and admission process.
Interacts with admitting behavioral health providers to share clinical information about referred patients and takes admitting orders by telephone as indicated.
Interacts with third-party payers to coordinate admissions or transfers as needed.
Functions as liaison to behavioral health units to remain abreast of facility (and/or unit) specific acuity; staffing and bed capacity status. Serves as the point of contact, via phone or meeting, for each of the behavioral health units.
Serves as the ARC internal expert regarding the medical needs of behavioral health patients, and is readily available for consultation with ARC clinicians/colleagues and facility staff when needed.
Completes behavioral health assessment with patients in timely manner through the use of telemental health technology.
Maintains expert knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to job function(s).
Demonstrates ability to set priorities.
Demonstrates good judgement in handling situations not covered by verbal or written instructions.
Follows established policy and procedures in performing job functions.
Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment.
Channels concerns appropriately.
Provides input, suggestions and support appropriately.
Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices.
Ensures patient rights and confidentiality.
Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director or Manager.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years in a behavioral healthcare setting performing assets
- American Heart Associations Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider
We offer a generous compensation package including:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- HCA Healthcare is partnering with Bright Horizon EdAssist Solutions to provide a monthly benefit toward qualifying education loans incurred by eligible active full-time and part-time employees who have completed 90 days of service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.