SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bed acute care facility, is located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Johnston-Willis Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Among other awards and certifications, the Joint Commission has awarded Johnston-Willis Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and was the first non-academic Richmond Hospital center to be awarded Comprehensive Stroke Certification by DNV-GL Healthcare, the highest level of competence possible for stroke care.
is the only hospital in the area, and only the second in Virginia, to use the Gamma Knife® Perfexion™
, a minimally invasive stereotactic radiosurgery tool that uses extremely precise cobalt radiation beams. The Gamma Knife is used to treat brain tumors
, trigeminal neuralgia
(face pain) and other neurological disorders
. Additional information about our Operating Room Department:
- 16 Operating Rooms
- Nurses are responsible for the overall care of the patient throughout the peri-operative time period.
- On average, 800 patients are seen monthly
- Types of surgeries conducted: Colorectal, general gynecology, gynecological oncology, general surgery, otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat), urology, urogynecology , Neuro Surgery, Plastics, Out Patient Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
- Leadership opportunities include being a part of Shared Governance councils and professional growth opportunities within our career ladder
- A supportive culture focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
What Sets Us Apart:
"I am new to the OR and what I love most is how friendly the co-workers are. This OR is AMAZING!" – AW
"I enjoy the staff that I work with and the challenging patients" – TH
"I love my co-workers, the leadership team, and the flexibility"- ES
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Ability to show active OR experience or completed a certified peri-op 101 program or currently enrolled in a peri-op 101 program
- Two years’ nursing experience
- Full Time
- 8 hour shifts
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend & Holiday On Call rotation
We offer a generous compensation package including:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- HCA Healthcare is partnering with Bright Horizon EdAssist Solutions to provide a monthly benefit toward qualifying education loans incurred by eligible active full-time and part-time employees who have completed 90 days of service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.