SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Summit Medical Center
Our Mission- Above all else,
we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will
find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we
serve. It is demonstrated by the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide
annually, industry leading patient satisfaction scores, and defined pathways
for the personal as well as professional growth of our employees. Our
dedication has to awards of recognition including being named a World’s
Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine. Are you
looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused
culture? You’ve come to the right place.
A few of the benefits we provide
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and
Professional Academy- Emerging
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified
About this opportunity:
Our 200 bed facility is located in Hermitage TN and was named as a Top Hospital in Quality by The Joint Commission. We are certified as a primary stroke Center and accredited Chest Pain Center and cancer program. We, the employees of TriStar Summit Medical Center, have a unique calling to care for those in need, whether they are patients or loved ones. In fulfilling this calling we believe in and practice daily, the values and standards that place us at the Summit of health care. Every employee is committed to the I SERVE...with pleasure values which we hold in the daily performance of our duties.
These are the expectations of all TriStar Summit employees. They are a reflection of us individually and as a group. To ensure high-quality, compassionate patient care, we depend on the collaborative efforts of our entire team, from physicians to support staff. So if you’re all about making a difference in healthcare, TriStar Summit offers excellent opportunities to advance your career and achieve your goals.
- Creates an environment and culture that enables Rehabilitation Services to fulfill the mission of the Hospital and meet or exceed its goals.
- Provides input into strategic development initiatives and is responsible for the implementation of the inpatient rehabilitation strategic plan.
- Responsible for the financial viability of Inpatient Rehabilitation Services, coordinating the submittal of accurate and timely billing and clinical information. Develops and strives for achievement of financial objectives, including the implementation of budgetary guidelines. Supports the Therapy Services Manager in managing the resources of Inpatient Rehabilitation Services in an ethical, viable manner. Provides input for the negotiation of rehabilitation specific rates in negotiated payment structures/contracts.
- In collaboration with the Medical Director and other clinical staff, assures the development of quality inpatient rehabilitation programming to meet market needs.
- Collaborates effectively with all members of the rehabilitation team within the inpatient rehabilitation unit.
- Works with the Therapy Services Director/Lead Therapist r to ensure the supply of appropriate resources to support the programs, services, organizational structure and staffing levels necessary for quality rehabilitation services. Coordinates as necessary with inpatient rehabilitation counterparts.
- Implements operations and processes to support, facilitate, and maintain uniform performance of inpatient care including documentation.
- Provides a safe, secure, and infection/hazard-free environment.
- Supports the Therapy Services Director/Lead in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the quality management plan for inpatient rehabilitation services.
- The Speech Therapist supports interdepartmental performance-improvement/customer satisfaction activities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards in customer service through all interactions with the
· Direct inpatient rehab experience involving extensive knowledge of rehab/criteria preferred
· Masters in Speech and Language Pathology
· Current TN licensure or TN approved compact license
· American Heart Association or Red Cross BLS
· Certificate of Clinical Competence per state requirement
· Excellent interpersonal skills/communication skills
· Excellent organization/time management skills
· Excellent customer service skills; professional appearance
· Experience in providing educational programs