SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Paramedic, Full Time Nights (FTE .9)
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, a facility of HCA’s East Florida Division, is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care medical/surgery facility providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we are a designated Level II Trauma Center and have broken ground on a $75.6M expansion project to increase emergency room capacity and bring a new patient tower and parking garage to Aventura Hospital and Medical Center.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you will be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
Responsible for age appropriate bedside patient care and treatment. In addition, he/she will transport patients and specimens as directed.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Cardiac rhythms are interpreted accurately and primary nurse is notified of deviations from baseline.
- Care of the critically ill patient is augmented by assisting the nurse in obtaining and documenting vital signs, IV access, blood specimens, accurate monitor tracings, accucheck readings, or assists in codes
- Care of the non-critically ill patient is augmented by assisting the nurse in obtaining vital signs, IV access, blood specimens, applying OCL splints or dressings and fitting patients for crutches.
- Independent transportation of patients except those going to the Critical Care Units is done in a timely manner.
- Delivers nurse and paramedic collected specimens to the Lab in a timely manner and are competent in proper use of the tube system.
- Helps with cleaning of the department such as stretchers and IV poles etc. and stocks supplies as needed.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Licensed Paramedic in the state of Florida
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification.
- Current PALS certification
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Basic computer knowledge and relevant experience as a paramedic preferred.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.