OR Technician First Assist CVOR
Inverness, FL, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Celebrating more than a 50 year history of healing, Citrus Memorial Hospital is the leading provider of healthcare in Citrus County and the surrounding area. More than 150 physicians and 1,000 employees at the 198-bed acute care hospital offer a wide range of services including 24-hour emergency room care, heart and vascular surgery, orthopedic and spine surgery, and women’s services. Citrus Memorial is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and is fully licensed by the State of Florida.
Under the direct supervision of the surgeon the Surgical Tech-First Assist, prepares and maintains the surgical area, scrubs and assists the physician during procedures. Assists the RN in technical functions related to patient care in the OR, the training of others, and functions as a resource within the department.
- Assists before, during and after a surgical procedure. Within scope of practice, provides retraction, manipulation of tissues, hemostasis and other functions to ensure good visualization of the surgical field and optimal results for the patient. Performs ligation and approximation of tissues, clamp and electocautery application.
- Assists in the preparation of surgical patients. Assists with positioning patients, applications of plaster casts, immobilizers and surgical dressings.
- Closes all wound layers (fascia, subcutaneous and skin), under the direct oversight of the surgeon, places tourniquets and catheters, clamps/cuts tissue and assists in applying wound dressings and drainage. Provides local infiltration or the topical application of a local anesthetic and hemostatic agents at the operative site.
- Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting the SCIP and VTE standards of care.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Graduate of a CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) and the State of FL Surgical Assistant Program, OR Medical School Graduate; OR allied health professional having completed 2250 hours surgical rotation.
- Current CFA having completed 350 cases.
- Two years of experience within the last four years.
- Current Certification as First Assistant (CFA)
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification through the American Heart Association.