SHIFT: No Weekends
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We are a Level II Trauma facility, offering specialized vascular surgery, Neurosurgery, a comprehensive certified stroke center, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery; we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Provides first line supervision for Documentation Specialists at all 3 campuses.
- Coordinates staff schedules, participates in selection of new employees and evaluates each employee as required.
- Provides and/or coordinates education for staff and new employee orientation.
- Assures that KRONOS information is correct and current.
- Participates in departmental operations and meetings.
- Develops new policies and procedures for area as well as reviews and revises policies and procedures.
- Performs clinical evaluation of the medical record including physician documentation and clinical results including lab, diagnostic information and treatment plans
- Facilitates modifications to clinical documentation through concurrent interactions with physician and other members of the health care team to support severity of illness
- Communicates with appropriate members of the healthcare team to ensure accurate and complete documentation is in the medical record
- Demonstrates an understanding of complications, co-morbidities, severity of illness, risk of mortality, case mix index, principal and secondary diagnoses, and MS-DRG’s
- Analyzes data and information pertinent to how documentation reflects severity of illness and reports findings to appropriate entities (i.e. medical staff, committees, etc)
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer usage including database, spreadsheet, presentation, word processing programs and internet searches
- Incorporates CMS rules and regulations into daily practice and stays abreast of changes
- Coordinates and provides education to all internal customers related to compliance, coding and clinical documentation
Required – RN with 5 years acute care nursing experience & CDI experience
Preferred – RN with advanced clinical expertise, CDI experience and recent management experience
Required – currently licensed as a Registered Nurse
Preferred – BS in nursing
Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
Loan Assistance (Full-time employees: $150 monthly benefit/Part-time employees: $75 monthly benefit)
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING:
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid time off.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
- Providing versatile work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.