SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Palms West Hospital
At Palms West Hospital, we're celebrating 27 years of excellence in healthcare. Our state-of-the-art, 204-bed facility offers top-quality care in every category from preventative programs to elective, major and emergency surgery. What truly differentiates Palms West from the rest, are our people, a team of dedicated healthcare professionals who understand that a hospital stay can be an especially trying period for a family and who do everything they can to make the experience less stressful. Palms West has established a position of medical leadership by listening to the needs of people in our community and responding with compassionate, quality health care and innovative new services that meet those needs.
Located on a spacious 94-acre campus in Palm Beach County, the surrounding areas are: Wellington, which is a community known for its abundant parks, quality schools, attractive neighborhoods and equestrian interests. Royal Palm Beach, is 10 miles west of the Atlantic Ocean and is located in the central part of Palm Beach County which is in the Southeastern part of the State. Loxahatchee located in Palm Beach County Florida is known for its large acreage parcels, new homes, and equestrian community
Palms West Hospital is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work
with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee
stock purchase program.
- Acts as the primary secretarial resource for the Charge Nurse the nursing unit.
- May assists in ordering supplies or identifies supply needs and other assigned duties.
- Is responsible for the smooth operation of all secretarial functions.
- Directs communication with the nursing unit.
- Utilizes the computer system to enter patient information and to place required orders and patient requests.
- Current BLS certification (American Heart Association).
- High school graduate or equivalent. Graduate from an accredited unit secretary training program preferred.
- Secretarial experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Maintains and respects confidentiality. Good communication skills and ability to use proper channels of communication.
- Medical Terminology knowledge required.