SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Corpus Christi Medical Center – Corpus Christi, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) – Psychiatric Care Unit
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women’s Health Center
Corpus Christi Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Psychiatric Care Unit.
- The registered nurse provides clinical and administrative support to the program.
- The RN performs therapeutic measures prescribed and delegated by the physician.
- Participates in patient education and rehabilitation and provides interpretation of treatment to the patient and the patient’s family.
- The RN coordinates unit activities and assures accountability of all assigned tasks.
- Participates in performance improvement activities to improve patient safety and quality of care.
- Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers.
- Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment.
- Fulfills departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values.
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required
- Experience in psychiatric nursing is preferred.