SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical Technologist PRN
Founded in 1952, Mainland
Medical Center has been part of Galveston County for more than 55
years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care
facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services.
Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty
Mainland Medical Center
is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals,
outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic
imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health
programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas
residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the
changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical
technology. Our services include:
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and
- Emergency Services
- Occupational Health and
- Senior Mental Health
Mainland Medical Center is currently looking for a Medical Technologist PRN - Laboratory.
- Performs analyses which may involve a complex
network of steps and variable fine-line discriminations between several similar
results; correction of errors; operation and understanding of complex
- Ability to perform a variety of procedures in
the following areas: Blood Bank,
Hematology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Serology, Microbiology, Parasitology,
Phlebotomy, Specimen Handling, Specimen Processing.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve
specimen, instrument, method, reagent, and quality control problems in the
effort to produce accurate diagnostic patient test results with rapid
- Responsible for performing tests from written
procedures; writing procedures; creating procedure manuals.
- Responsible for routine and preventive
instrument maintenance and for minor repair when needed.
- Responsible for performance, monitoring,
collection, and review/evaluation of quality control data.
- Responsible for collaborating with co-workers
to achieve defined laboratory or hospital outcomes and goals.
- Responsible for participation in and
achievement of departmental improvement objectives including: quality objectives; productivity objectives;
- Responsible for reagent/supply ordering,
inventory, and cost control.
- Requires BS or AS in Medical Technology
- Certification within 6 months of hire date as
MT, MLT, or CLS from ASCP, AMT, or NCA.
- Necessitates an in-depth knowledge of
techniques, principles, instrumentation, and their relationships.