SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Take your career to the next level and earn a $10,000 sign on bonus as a Medical Surgical Nurse on the Neuro Medical Unit at Wesley Medical Center.
No other organization is better positioned to provide an excellent work experience for you like one committed to the care and improvement of human live. One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services we offer. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley.
Wesley Medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, we treat more than 24,000 patients annually and deliver more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita.
Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley owns and operates Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and Wesley Children's Hospital.
We are deeply proud to have earned an "A" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Hospital Patient Safety Report!
To learn more about the Culture at Wesley, click here
Our 36 bed neuro/medical unit that sees a wide variety of patients in the community. As a nurse on our unit, you will have the opportunity to form relationships with a physician group that you will work with every single day. We have the highest employee engagement in acute care at 88% and we have won a corporate recognition called unit of distinction for the last three years! We have an active UBC that helps lead change and make decisions that affect the unit.
Here's what you can expect from being an RN on our unit:
- You will be responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- You will direct and oversee all nursing care for the department-specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Medical Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act.
- You will collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- You will support the organization's vision and mission and utilize knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care.
- You will contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
You will systematically evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
You will acquire and maintain current knowledge in nursing practice and education
You will monitor the patient's progress toward the attainment of outcomes
You will contribute to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others
You will collaborate with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care
You will consider safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care
You will make decisions and actions on behalf of patients that are determined in an ethical manner
You will participate in the improvement of operational functions of the department
You will establish and maintain effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
You will evaluate and participate in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accept responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone
You will demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of age-appropriate competencies to department specific population
You will utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s)
You will secure, administer and handle medication according to established guidelines
Interested in a career
at Wesley? Email Alex!
Here is what we can
· Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan
· Certification Bonus and Voucher system
· Dependent Scholarship
· 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
· Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
· Financial Wellness Program with a CFP
Qualifications I'm interested, what is required for this position?
- You have a current Registered Nurse License in the State of Kansas, and current Basic Life support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association.
- Are you a graduate of an accredited school of nursing? Outstanding!
- We would like to fill this position with an RN who has 1 to 2 years acute care experience.
- We believe it's pretty great to be a new or recent graduate nurse. We're considering recent graduates and non-acute applicants as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our hospital. We do not discriminate on the basis or race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age marital status, veteran status or disability status.