SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Cave Spring ER is
designed to provide even more convenient and fast emergency care, specifically
around patient comfort, and that’s a feeling patients will sense from the
moment they arrive at our emergency room.
Our services include:
- Full-service emergency care
(same services offered at our hospital-based ERs)
- Separate public and ambulance
- All private treatment rooms
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Digital Diagnostic Testing
- Full X-ray capabilities
- On-site laboratory testing
- Secure exam area for behavioral
- Direct admission capabilities
Cave Spring ER is part of the LewisGale Regional Health System, where you'll find caring extends to both our
patients and our people, where we deliver the quality care patients expect,
demand and deserve. We're committed to compassion, care and constant
improvement. The vision of LewisGale is to be
recognized both as the healthcare provider and the employer of choice in
Southwest Virginia. We hope you consider joining America’s most patient-focused
healthcare system. Choosing a career
with us means having access to innovative technologies and advanced medical
procedures that place you on the forefront of patient care. We offer flexible
scheduling encouraging the opportunity to lead a balanced life, along with
compensation and benefits that are the best in the healthcare industry.
LewisGale to work because of their patient-centered approach. The patient is at
the center of every decision we make." Kenneth P. , Director at LewisGale
What would you do in this role?:
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Prepares and identifies patients, collects relevant information for completion of procedures.
- Performs all CT procedures.
- Administers contrast media as required. If a RN is not available, certified technologists may have access to the emergency medications at the direction of the attending physician
- Participates in continuing education activities to expand/enhance knowledge of CT and to meet the continuing education requirements of the ARRT. Maintains current CPR-BLS certification
Required: Successful completion of accredited school of Radiologic Technology. ARRT Registered in CT and Radiology
Preferred: ARRT registered RT (R)
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology. BLS.