Registered Nurse RN Cardiothoracic Step Down
Richmond, VA, United States
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) with a passion for providing excellent nursing care to achieve the best outcomes for your cardiothoracic and cardiovascular step down patients? Then apply now to join the Cardiothoracic Step Down Unit at Chippenham Hospital.
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a Provisional Level I Trauma Center and we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. As a Provisional Level I Trauma Center, we provide fast, skilled care in life’s most difficult moments.
- 10 bed cardiac step down unit
- Specializing in the care of immediate post-op coronary artery by-pass patients, valve repair/replacements, MAZE procedures patients
- Acute vascular patients such as edografts AAAs (abdominal aortic aneurysm)
- Thoracic cases such as VATS
- Patient Average Length of Stay: 3 Days
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity
, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
- Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 1 year of nursing experience, ideally in an acute care hospital setting (preferred)
- 12 hour shifts, Days from 7am to 7pm
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
We offer a generous compensation package and a wide range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (*PRNs eligible for these)
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement)
- Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $150 per month)
- Exciting Voluntary Benefit Options
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."