SHIFT: No Weekends
TriStar Centennial Medical Center – Nashville, TN
Perinatal/Neonatal Navigator - Full Time Days
Women's Hospital & The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
- Expert clinician responsible for coordination/facilitation of high-risk maternal and neonatal patient care and services across inpatient and outpatient settings from first consult through long term follow up.
- Collaborates with the multi-disciplinary team to assure an organized approach to delivery of care.
- Acts as a liaison with physicians, internal/external departments and other agencies related to creation and follow through of the patient's individualized treatment plan.
- Communicates with responsible parties about any scheduled or unplanned deviations from the plan of care and works to resolve/remove obstacles to access or delivery of recommended therapies.
- Participates in PI activities
- Assists in development of an adherence to regulatory standards, participates in regulatory surveys and site visits.
- Participates in activities that promote professional growth.
- Participates in marketing/community service events that promote the organization/program.
- Extensive knowledge of the birth and puerperal period
- Familiar with community resources for pregnant and postpartum women
- Good time management skills - able to prioritize many competing tasks
- Experience with data entry, data tracking and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentations to various size groups
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- BS RN or Master's prepared with expertise in women and infant health
ARMY MOS - 66W or 66N
Air Force AFSC - 46NX