SHIFT: No Weekends
Director of Critical Care
Medical City Arlington
We would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to Medical City Arlington. Originally opened in August 1976 as Arlington Community Hospital in a rural part of town, Medical City Arlington has developed into a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort Worth healthcare with nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
This position oversees the operations of Critical Care Services (ICU, CVICU, HVC). Plans, directs and coordinates all operational activities for areas of responsibility. Develops policies and procedures as well as the quality improvement programs for areas of responsibility. Develops the capital and operating budgets. Ensures areas of responsibility are appropriately staffed by hiring and retaining competent staff. As a member of Medical City Arlington's management team makes a significant contribution to the public's perception of the hospital.
- Responsible for development and enforcement of policies and procedures that ensure quality patient care.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate Human Resources are available in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable turnover in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures operations run within budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for positive employee engagement and appropriate communication with staff.
- Responsible for quality and performance improvement activities in department and multidisciplinary.
- Responsible for positive customer satisfaction results. responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and guidelines as set by federal, state, local and other agencies (i.e, JCAHO, Medicare, TDH). Facilitates positive productive relationships with physicians.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many
- Discounts to various retail
stores and more….
- Graduate from an accredited, professional school of nursing BSN required. Masters preferred.
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of management experience in healthcare.
- Five (5) or more years experience in an ICU or other critical care setting.
- Additional significant experience in area of specialty is preferred.