Manager of Orthopedics
Arlington, TX, United States
This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: No Weekends
Manager of Orthopedics / RN / Nurse
Medical City Arlington
We would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to Medical City Arlington. Originally opened in August 1976 as Arlington Community Hospital in a rural part of town, Medical City Arlington has developed into a 432 bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort Worth healthcare with nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
In many respects there is not much difference when you compare hospitals based on bricks and mortar and to some extent when comparing technologies available for diagnosis and treatment. We recognize and thrive on the fact that what sets us apart from other hospitals in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is our culture. We define our culture.
The Manager directs and coordinates the departmental function and plan for the delivery of patient care while containing costs. To maintain working conditions which enhance the competence, autonomy and accountability of the employees on the unit. To ensure adherence to hospital and departmental business/strategic plan and to nursing procedures , standards and practices. As a member of the Medical City Arlington team, the employee makes a significant contribution to the public's perception of the hospital through patient care/treatment with consideration of the age/condition of the patient. Patient population served include early adult to geriatric adult. The employee performs additional tasks/activities as assigned.
Requires basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process; requires knowledge, ability and judgement necessary to:
- Exercise judgement within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
- Create or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization and nursing standards
- Promotes effective communication within the multi-professional team
- Requires understanding of management and delegation principles
- Performs additional assignments/activities as assigned
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many
- Discounts to various retail
stores and more….
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required
- Recent experience at the level of staff nurse, preferably within the last two years
- Additional significant experience in area of specialty is preferred
- Three years of management experience preferred